Unites to promote digital innovations in Latvia
October 30, 2020 at 6:45 pm
On September 17 with the aim of promoting digital transformation and innovation in Latvian companies and the public sector, as well as improving the competitiveness of Latvian companies and the quality of public sector services through new digital solutions and increasing investment in information and communication technology research and development the association "Digital Accelerator of Latvia" was founded.
Companies, non-governmental organizations, educational institutions from all over Latvia have joined forces - SJSC “Electronic Communications”, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics of the University of Latvia, JSC “Development Financial Institution Altum”, SIA “Buildit Global” (Buildit business accelerator), foundation “TechHub Riga ”, SIA“ Baltic Open Solutions Center ”, association“ Valmieras Attīstības aģentūra ”, association“ Green and Smart Technology Cluster, Liepāja University, foundation “Ventspils High Technology Park”, Latvia University of Agriculture, Rēzekne City Council and Rēzekne Technology Academy.
The Association has set the following tasks for its further activities:
- Develop digital transformation strategies to identify and develop areas for growth;
- Support the design, prototyping, testing and implementation of new digital platforms, products and services;
- Promote the use of artificial intelligence, high-performance computing, cybersecurity, and other digital technologies in the economy and public administration;
- Implement digital transformation projects that benefit Latvian citizens, businesses and the environment;
- Invest in the digital competences of the Latvian population;
- Attract funding for Latvian companies and the public sector to implement digital transformation plans and solutions in practice;
- Develop the digital innovation ecosystem in Latvia. Involve local developers in the co-creation of digital solutions.