European Union project “Digital accelerator of Latvia (DAoL)”, ID Nr. 101083718
The objectives of Digital Accelerator of Latvia (DAoL) are to promote digital transformation and innovation, to improve the competitiveness of Latvian companies and the quality of public services through new digital solutions, to boost investments in research and development of ICT technology.
Project goals and activities:
The objectives for the first 3 years:
- to develop fully operational EDIH, to support at least 1236 companies and organizations,
- to invest 3.5 mil. EUR in digital transformation (DEP & RRF),
- to trigger at least 2.4 mil. EUR from other financial sources.
Specialisation of DAoL:
- AI with specialisation in R&D of new digital products and digital services.
- 5G incl. application in IoT, Internet of Energy, Connectivity technologies, Autonomous and controlled vehicles, robots.
- GovTech incl. Government as a platform, Cybersecurity, Quantum technologies and EdTech.
DAoL is designed as a one-stop agency to help entities become more competitive regarding their digitalisation processes, products, or services.
Project involves 20 partners that provide access to extensive research and technological experience as well as support for entrepreneurship and innovation. Consortium includes 4 partners with DIH experience, 3 leading and 3 regional universities from Latvia, innovative NGOs with long-term experience in providing support in high technologies, green technologies, regional and technological development. DAoL will provide access to the latest digital skills and will support product innovation.
- “Electronic Communications Office of Latvia” SJSC;
- Ventspils High Technology Park;
- Green Tech Cluster Latvia;
- Valmiera Development Agency;
- DAoL Rēzekne subsidary;
- Rēzekne City Council;
- University of Latvia;
- Liepaja University;
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies;
- Riga Technical University;
- Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences;
- Institute of Solid State Physics University of Latvia;
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies;
- Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Latvia;
- Institute of Electronics and Computer Science;
- Ltd “Baltic Open Solutions Center”;
- Ltd “DATI Group”;
- TechHub Riga;
- Ltd “LEITC” jeb Latvian Electronic Equipment Testing Centre
Results and impact
During the project it is planned to test digital maturity and prepare digital transformation roadmaps of at least 1236 entities, ensure access to testing, prototyping, and experimenting for at least 128 entities, involve in trainings at least 360 entities, attract financing to at least 46 entities, and have at least 40 collaborations.
Project activities are planned for 3 years from 1st September 2022 – 31st August 2023.
3,5 mil EUR, co-financing from DEP – 1,765 mil EUR.
The European Union is not responsible for the content of this page.